Monday, January 8, 2007

The me me

So because I'm tired from a day playing with email settings and the Blackberry Pearl that replaced the sucky, sucky BlackJack and the only other thing I'd write about would be how I groaned and moaned and spent Saturday night on the throne (oh did I forget to mention how awesome the Seahawks game was on Saturday? That Romo guy on the Cowboys has my luck.), I'm posting this meme, with which I was tagged forever ago by the lovely and terribly patient Dawn, whom you all should go say hi to as her New Years present was a pink slip . Don't worry, I won't tag anyone. I am fully aware that Christmas is completely over. I don't even expect anyone to read this. On another note, in case you're wondering, Audrey and I are better now, and as a favor of remembrance, the carpet is holding on tightly to the aroma of stomach contents. MMM. Boy was I glad to come home to that after work tonight. Nothing helps me come to grips with missing Audrey during her week with the Swine like puke fumes. Without further ado, an oh so tardy Christmas meme. Take it for what you will.

1.Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love paper when it's all Martha Stewarty, but since I don't go to that expense as it all ends up in the garbage anyway and use the same roll for everything, paper can be a little boring.

2.Real tree or artificial? I love a real tree. The smell, the feel, the appearance just can't be duplicated, but I am trying to decide which is worse for the environment, killing a tree, or the energy that goes into making, shipping and packaging the artificial tree. I'll think about it this year and let you know.

3.When do you put up the tree? I didn't this year - my apartment is too dad-gum small.

4.When do you take the tree down? Typically New Year's Eve. Every year only needs one Christmas tree, not one at the beginning and end.

5.Do you like eggnog? Yum. I never go to Starbucks or drink coffee, but this December I lived on their eggnog latte. But my favorite way to drink eggnog is in a chilled glass with ice cubes.

6.Favorite gift you received as a child? A keyboard - it was the closest to a piano I would get for years. I loved it and played "Heart and Soul" over and over and over and over....

7.Do you have a nativity scene? No. I plan to some Christmas when I get around to buying myself Christmas decorations.

8.Hardest person to buy for? My aunt, and for good reason. Even this year, she opened the gift and gave me tips for how I could have done better. Argh!

9.Easiest person to buy for? Steve. I could go broke getting him all the things on my list. I know how to make him happy. This year I got him a remote control Aston Martin DB5 among many other things. I knew he would like it, but not as much as he did. He eagerly ripped open the box and set it up and raved and raved. He'd always wanted a remote control car, and finally, at 44, he had one. I teared up a little.

10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither.

11.Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A puppy. I desperately wanted a kitty cat. I said I wanted a kitty cat, but the swine decided to fulfill my childhood wish of waking up Christmas morning to a holey box bearing a dog. Sweet, but not want I wanted. We got rid of the dog a few months later when I got pregnant. Me and dogs just don't mix. Some people like other people's children and are happy to go home without one of their own - that's how I am with dogs. They are just too needy for my taste. Did I just lose half my readership?

12.Favorite Christmas movie? Christmas in Connecticut.

13.When do you start shopping? Day after Thanksgiving

14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. I gave my sister the shoe organizer, which my boss gave me at the holiday party. It doesn't work with my closet.

15.Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Goodness, I love it all, and lots of it.

16.Clear lights or colored on the tree? I love clear lights. Love them.

17.Favorite Christmas song? Judy Garland singing "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" from "Meet Me in St. Louis"

18.Travel at Christmas or stay home? I want to go somewhere warm - just get away next year. The weather here has been disgusting. My brother will be stationed in Hawaii

19.Can you name all of Santa’s Reindeer? I think

20.Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21.Open the presents on Christmas Eve or morning? This year we did it all on Christmas Eve, because that is when we had Audrey. We pretended Santa came then.

22.Most annoying thing about this time of year? How stressed out people get about buying the perfect present. Christmas is supposed to be a happy time and gifts are just a gesture of love and thoughtfulness.

23.Do you have Jesus in your heart this Christmas? Not as much as I should, but yes.

24.What would you like for Christmas? An end to all the crappy drama in my life.