Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Going home to Seattle today!!! I am very excited, but so sad to leave Steve. He will follow shortly though, so it won't be for too long, but still. So I have been soaking up all his Steveness the past couple of days, hence the lack of posts. I have a few things on the burner, but will have to wait until tomorrow or thereabouts.

Yesterday I reminded Audrey that I was coming today. She was elated and told me how many times she was going to hug me and tell me she loves me, and then, she asked me if the baby had popped out yet. My heart stopped. I thought she understood that Oliver had been born and died. She had even seen him on the webcam and called him the most beautiful baby in the world. As tears sprung to my eyes, I told her that we would talk about it when we see each other. I couldn't bear to go over it again. it was probably a memory lapse on her part, but I only hope that I can help her to understand what's happened. The important thing is that she gets her mom back for ever.

Ta for now.